Thursday, February 21, 2013

Salad heaven

  Santa Fe bistro Vinaigrette knocks it clear out of the park for locally-sourced, fantastically innovative salads. I was there for lunch yesterday and, by my host's suggestion, ordered the All Kale Caesar! salad. As promised, it was about the most flavorful salad I've ever had, with a combination of flavors I would never have expected in such a dish, nor that I think I've ever experienced in a green salad. Here's the description from the menu:
Shredded super-food kale with a zingy, zestry lemon-anchovy vinaigrette, fresh parmesan and chopped Marcona almonds.

The three of us in our lunch group all had this dish, and all added fresh, grilled Ruby trout. It was a delicious, filling meal (I took some home in a compostable carry-out box) and I am now hell-bent on recreating it for myself, since (sadly) I don't live in Santa Fe (yet).

These folks use locally-sourced, organic produce: "Much of the restaurant's organic produce is grown on owner Erin Wade's 10-acre Nambe farm, Los Portales." Great, locally-sourced food, lively, natural-light atmosphere, snappy service. What could be better? Well, me living nearby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home